Hegarty’s Blacksmith Shop

The talented blacksmiths of three generations of the Hegarty family dedicated their skills to the betterment of Tamaqua Area busineses and families. Their shop, established in 1848, remained in continuous use until 1973.

Dale Freudenberger

Dale Freudenberger, president of the Tamaqua Historical Society, shares a compelling account of the activities of the Hegarty family in Tamaqua from a vantage point opposite their former shop. And we get to look inside too.